"So you received the message with JOY from the Holy Spirit
in spite of the severe suffering it brought you." 1 Thessalonians 1:6
I read this post recently and it resonated with me. Often I brush off what I'm going through because "it could be worse" or "it's nothing compared to...".
Because I've never gone hungry. I've never gone without. I've never been in need. I've never been persecuted because of my faith. I've never been abused or neglected. I've never really suffered.
Or have I? My today problems may not be those of the third world, but they are real. To me. And they are real. To God.
He sees. He knows.
When I am lonely. When I am hurting. When life doesn't make sense. When the pain becomes overwhelming. When there is no solution in sight. When hope seems illusive.
"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and characted strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, for he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." - Romans 5:3-5
#886 cool, crisp Fall mornings
#887 almost done! crazy, busy day - thank you, God, for strength moment by moment
#888 All the way my Savior leads me...grace for every trial (Chris Tomlin)
#889 "help" with my craft :)
#890 kids singing in the backseat on the drive home
#891 supper @ church - LOVE Wednesdays!!

No comments:
Post a Comment