I recently bought this book.
Between soccer practices, floors sticky with propolis, math homework, what-to-make-for-supper, overflowing laundry hampers, piles, piles, and more piles...
I often feel like I'm coming unglued.
And the things that shouldn't...easily set me off. And the joy that is found in the quiet of the morning...dissipates quickly.
Sometimes it's hard to hang onto the JOY in the crazy moments. When expectations are unmet. When everything seems to go wrong. When the pressure mounts. When it all becomes too overwhelming.
So I'm counting gifts. Abbie keeps asking if I've made it to #999 yet. She wants to write down #1000. I have to admit I'm a little curious about what she wants to write down. But I'm also selfish. I'm not sure I want to give up the "crowning moment" of #1000. I've been working hard, after all, to walk this road of "thankfulness".
Silly, isn't it? It's been a journey of "letting go" and "leaning in" to God. And yet I can't give ONE of the one THOUSAND to my daughter? Yep. She gets #1000. Maybe that might begin a counting of her own...
Anyway. I digress.
This month I turn 37. This month we celebrate 15 years of marriage. This month has been a battle. And we're only on day TWO.
So I want to count. And I need to be challenged. To cling to JOY. To cling to God's best. To cling to a deeper knowing...and being known.
2 comments:
being known...I read the intro to Grace for the Good Girl and really resonated with what she is saying. not easy to let yourself be known.
Miss you friend! Happy Friday!! Wish I were in town so I could bring you a coffee! ;)
Post a Comment