I love curling up on the couch with a good book. Especially in the winter. A nice heavy blanket, a warm cup of hot chocolate, and a good book. It doesn't get much better than that. If it's a really good book, I'll stay up half the night to finish it. And to be honest, I'll even neglect my house (and meal prep) and just indulge.
These days, I'm lucky if I can sit down & have peace to focus on things that are important - like devotions, balancing the checkbook, paying bills, responding to emails, etc. It would be so much simpler if my children didn't ask as many questions as they do - "Can I please...?" "Where is...?" "Now can I go...?" I can't tell you how many times this summer I have tried to ban inquiries. It's completely fruitless. Hopeless. Pointless. The first question I get is "Why can't I ask you any more questions?"
So if accomplishing menial tasks requires some quiet, I can't expect there to be any for something as leisure as reading. Until today.
We have enjoyed many books-on-tape on road trips & as a family, and I've listened to books in my kitchen while I work. But today I pulled out my daughters "out-dated" CD walkman, plugged in my earphones, crammed the walkman in my pocket & got to listen to my story as I went about my day. I loved being able to multi-task & still enjoy a "guilty pleasure".
And the best part?
I don't have to answer all those questions. After a couple "Huh?" questions of my own...they give up & go figure out the answer for themselves.
1 comment:
the book looks good! Where did you get in on CD? my real question being, where can I get it to listen to?
Post a Comment