While the girls were away at church camp, I had fun working on a project. My husband teased me because I became completely immersed, to the expense of housework and meals. But he survived just fine...he still got fed & had clean clothes. ;) And I enjoyed the chance to be creative and see something move from imagination to completion.
When Abbie was little my sister-in-law sewed a busy book for us. She was only in high school, but spent countless hours working on this "labor of love" and didn't make one book, but two. Despite missing a few pieces, our "busy book" has survived our family, seen a lot of Cheerios, and helped our little ones sit quietly through many sermons. It is still around to entertain company and hopefully grandkids someday. I had wanted to make one for my nephew & was inspired to do different animals/creatures that corresponded with the seasons. Abbie liked it so much she wanted to know if I could make one for HER. ;) I told her to give me a few years & I will happily hunch over my sewing machine to make one for her little one...
2 comments:
amy the book is beautiful! How creative...SOOOO CUTE! seriously you could sell it for some serious "MONIES".....NACHO
WOW!! You did an amazing job!
Post a Comment