So glad it was only a half day!! By the time I got home, I was so exhausted & crashed for a nap. I joked with Phil - if I was this tired after a half day, what am I going to do next week?!?! I'm thankful that "down-time" is part of our schedule. I think we'll all benefit from a chance to stretch out, as we listen to a story.
I realize that getting back into the routine of working full-time will take some adjusting. Last night I started feeling overwhelmed with all the things that need to be "accomplished", almost to the point of panic. (How can I do this? I'm too weak! It's impossible!) This morning I read this great reminder about the need for Simplicity. And that reminded me that I needed to spend a little time with the One who is in all & above all that happens in my life. Today's reminder from Jesus Calling was just what I needed to hear...
Come to Me when you are weak and weary. Rest snugly in my everlasting arms. I do not despise weakness, My child. Actually, it draws Me closer to you, because weakness stirs up My compassion - My yearning to help. Accept yourself in your weariness, knowing that I understand how difficult your journey has been.
Do not compare yourself with others, who seem to skip along their life-paths with ease. Their journeys have been different from yours, and I have gifted them with abundant energy. I have gifted you with fragility, providing opportunities for your spirit to blossom in My Presence. Accept this gift as a sacred treasure delicate, yet glowing with brilliant Light. Rather than struggling to disguise or deny your weakness, allow Me to bless you richly through it.
For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then my faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken,” says the Lord, who has mercy on you.
- Isaiah 54:10
And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.
- Romans 8:26
3 comments:
I can't believe you've started school already! I remember how tired I was the first few weeks of school and I always had a sore throat from talking so much. You will be an awesome teacher! Have a great year!
Thanks, Aim. I'm so glad you put this down! Been wondering when you started. I'll be praying for you in the days and weeks ahead...as I look for just the right vest... ;)
WOW...great reminder, thanks for writing this post! I know that you are going to do a FANTASTIC ..."nacho voice" JOB!!! Can't wait to hear how the first week goes...I will be thinking about you and praying FO SHO!!! "getto voice"
Post a Comment