Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Before our snow from last week had a chance to all melt, Phil & the kids piled up as much as they could, packed it down tight, and carved out the inside to make their own little igloo. They even had a "camp-out" last Saturday night...until Phil decided it was too tight with 3 kids & 1 daddy to sleep there the whole night.

Then their momma bear had a "freak out" & insisted her lil' cubs would NOT be sleeping in an ice structure all night long by themselves, as she envisioned cave-ins, suffocation, or midnight mayhem when one of them woke up & didn't remember where he was...


I know, I'm a fun-hater. BUT even their daddy admitted, the air was getting a little stale & he was worried about them not getting enough oxygen.

They've recently installed air holes to rectify the problem.

This will not prevent me from freaking out.

But I'll breathe deeply, pray a little, and trust their daddy to take care of them.


Before yesterday's big storm, they installed a door to keep out the snow...


...checking to make sure it's all okay in there.


"I can't open my eyes, Mom! It's too BRIGHT out here!!"

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow! Impressive little igloo they made! I bet they had fun.