We've got another day at home. The kids are bundled up watching Andy Griffith. I'm starting on laundry & the usual house chores...but I've got time to think.
I've got a heavy heart today. I'm thinking about my sister-in-Christ, who has said "goodbye for now" to her husband of 3 years, after his battle with cancer. He was 35. It's so hard for me to conceive what it's like to be in her shoes. I'm left with turning my questions to the One who holds the answers.
My mom gave me this little book for Christmas, and it reminds me so much of Oswald Chamber's classic. I'm amazed at how many times it has been just what I needed to hear. Yesterday was no different. We all have our own personal struggles & "mountains" we face, and as Christians, our Father has called us to share one another's burdens, to mourn when our brothers & sisters do, and rejoice in their time of joy as well.
FOLLOW ME ONE STEP AT A TIME. That is all I require of you. In fact, that is the only way to move through this space/time world. You see huge mountains looming, and you start wondering how you're going to scale those heights. Meanwhile, because you're not looking where you're going, you stumble on the easy path where I am leading you now. As I help you get back on your feet, you tell Me how worried you are about the cliffs up ahead. But you don't know what will happen today, much less tomorrow. Our path may take an abrupt turn, leading you away from those mountains. There may be an easier way up the mountains than is visible from this distance. If I do lead you up the cliffs, I will equip you thoroughly for that strenuous climb. I will even give My angles charge over you, to preserve you in all your ways. Keep your mind on the present journey, enjoying My Presence. Walk by faith, not by sight, trusting Me to open up the way before you.
If you'd like to read Laura's post, click here. Don't be amazed at her strength...be amazed at God's strength so beautifully displayed through her.
2 Corinthians 4:7-18
2 comments:
Makes me so sad to hear this news! I am praying for you and the family that has lost, a son, father and husband! I pray that you will have the "right" words when the time comes! Amy you have been an incredible support to so many women that have lost husbands! It must be a special gift that you have to comfort those than mourn.
I love you.
Nat
I meant to say... that mourn
Post a Comment