We were all little disappointed this morning that school wasn’t cancelled. It was snowing, but the roads weren’t bad enough to justify a snow day. But Phil made up for it by arriving home shortly after we did. His excitement was contagious, and we all loaded up in the van & headed to “the sledding hill”, which isn’t really a hill at all, but a highway overpass. This is the first year we’ve had real sleds. We’ve always had make-shift sleds – pieces of cardboard, trays, cookie sheets, anything flat or smooth that we think will work. But we found a great deal on saucer sleds before Christmas & the boys were excited to try out their gifts. Especially since snow in Oklahoma is a rare thing!





An hour later, the kids were happy, rosy-cheeked and tired, and I felt refreshed after some much needed quiet time in the van. Phil went back to work to tie up loose ends, the kids got busy on homework, and I tackled the mess in my kitchen.
The pancakes are just about done…and I am too. An empty brain and a full stomach bring balance to life.
The pancakes are just about done…and I am too. An empty brain and a full stomach bring balance to life.
No comments:
Post a Comment