Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dealing with disappointment...

Right now we're supposed to be in our van, bundled and buckled up, and headed for Colorado.

We were going to see aunts and uncles, and great-aunts & uncles (you get "greater" the older you get!), cousins & second-cousins. We were going skiing, and sledding, and snowman makin'. We had our bags packed and our minds filled with expectations...

But sometimes what's "supposed to" happen, doesn't. Our dreams of skiing dissolved when the flu bug walked into our house & took us down one at a time. Fever, and chills, and cough, and runny nose...it's not a pretty sight.

It's hard to deal with disappointments. Big and little ones. When things don't turn out the way we've planned or the way we think they should. It's hard to see God's plan in the disappointments...or if there is one. It's something I have to take by faith sometimes, because I may never know the reason. Even for something as small as a ski trip.

So I lean hard into God. And I tell him about my disappointment. Because I know He cares.

Even about ski trips.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hope you're all feeling better and that you get to go skiing another weekend!