Monday, October 11, 2010

Unexpected...

It wasn't the birthday I expected.

I have to admit, I wasn't too excited about having to go to work on my birthday. But...life. ;) It was a good day. Last night I had fun making brownie treats for the students at school & to send in my kids' lunches. One little girl asked if I was turning 15. It made up for the little boy that asked if I was pregnant. When I told him I wasn't, he wanted to know why I still looked pregnant. I told him to eat his brownie & hush up!

My husband surprised me with flowers (Gerbers -my favorite) & chocolate. Later I found out it was my girls who insisted I needed flowers & chocolate on my birthday. Thank goodness for daughters...who know what a mother who's been told she LOOKS PREGNANT needs!!

We ate supper at Cafe Garcia - a delicious Mexican restaurant in downtown Enid. On our way home what began as a discussion on gratuity, soon lead to government mandated this-and-that. Much to my husband's frustration, I wasn't listening. I informed him that I listen every other day of the year, but I don't have to on my birthday. Shortly thereafter, Noah started a story, then quickly interjected, "You can listen if you want, Mom."

And if that wasn't enough...I got to sit down & share a piece of birthday cake with my honey.

So, it wasn't the birthday I expected.

It was better.

It was a great way to end my 35th year of life...and begin the next.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay for you and yay for Phil & daughters! Love the flowers, what a good guy! Glad you had a great day.

bitten by the bug said...

finally got caught up on your posts, daniels eye sure got purple!! hudson has a purple shiner near his belly button after a bike fall & the handle bar hitting him :| love the gerbers too, beautiful!! wish i could help you with the chocolate too. luv ya much!!