Sunday, October 24, 2010

Turn back the clock...

There are days that I would love to turn back the clock & revisit "the good ol' days". My husband dreams of living in the 1800s. I'd be happy to relive 2007...or at least the day this sweet lil' thing first wore her prairie dress.


She's still sweet, but as you can see from the hemline,
she's not so little anymore!





Friday she got to live in 1910. Her class attended a one room schoolhouse at a local museum, ciphered on a slate, ate from a dinner bucket, and minded their P's and Q's.

I loved watching her studying up - "Mom, I have to know this word list, so I know what the teacher is talking about!" Last weekend she had fun making a lunch pail with her daddy & baking molasses cookies with her momma. I think all the preparation and anticipation made the experience more memorable.


She's was excited to experience school in 1910. It made me wish I could turn back the clock & be in 4th grade again...

No comments: