Friday, October 15, 2010

A taste of country life...

What a fun day @ Daze in the Maze! I didn't think I'd be able to go on this field trip with my boys, but was excited when I got a call this morning with the news that I wouldn't have to go into work. We loaded up in the van, popped in a movie (the boys were excited they got to choose...usually their sisters do!), and headed south-east to Covington.

For us "city folk" it's a fun taste of country life - tractors, livestock, dirt, and lots of fresh air! We got lost in the tall "corn" maze, had fun at the "cow-asaurus" dig, enjoyed a hay ride, and had a blast jumping on the hay bales.

They were all excited about feeding the animals...until they saw me do it. Then they weren't too sure. They got a little freaked by the sheep & goats attacking the fence, but finally Noah got up his courage & did it! It might have helped that I sort of bribed him with a pop if he could go through with it. ;) But I'm glad he was brave enough to try. Daniel wouldn't go near the horse, but opted for the ponies instead.




No comments: