Sad, but true...I'm feeling very apathetic. My house has never been this disorganized and cluttered and overwhelming. I know it's not supposed to matter if it's messy or not, there are things that are more important. But when I have 5 other people relying on me to know the location of various items, it's frustrating not to be able to find the things I am looking for! I feel like I live in a snow globe that has been shaken repeatedly and about the time I find a place for everything & put everything in its place, it will be shaken all over again. My mind feels as cluttered as my home. I've tried writing lists, but I keep losing THOSE! I just need to write a list like Toad & feel the accomplishment of crossing off simple tasks like, "Get up", "Eat breakfast", "Go on a walk with Frog", and so on. On Monday, it felt satisfying to think through meal ideas & make some ahead for the week. I have reaped the benefits of that & I still have one more meal & leftovers to carry me through to the end of the week. But while I was busy in the kitchen, the bedrooms & livingroom were being transformed. I was so thankful that Molly & Daniel were content to play, I just wished they were as good at picking up.
I guess it's at this point of apathy that I must turn my perspective to something higher that this lowly mess. It might sound silly, but sitting in semi-quiet & having a chance to read & put things back in "order" in my mind really does help the rest of my day. By crying out to God, "HELP!" & knowing that He cares about the silly things that overwhelm me, that He cares enough to carry me through mounds of laundry & dirty dishes, makes the day go better. It's time to let go...
1 comment:
Amy, you've neglected your blog too. C'mon girl, get your priorities straight!
Post a Comment