We spent 5 days in Chouteau with Phil’s family – 5 families, 10 grandkids, & 10 adults. We sure packed a lot into those days! We spent the last 2 nights @ a hotel. Daniel was in awe. “Mom, you can watch TV and make popcorn in the microwave! And you can dry your hair here too, Mom!!” We left Tuesday morning for NE to visit my cousin (Jared, Bethany, Eli, Ezra, & Lydia Stewart – thanks for all the fun times!). Their boys are the same age as Grace & Daniel. We livened up their home with our crazy, loud kids & we had a great time together! We squeezed in a quick visit to Phil’s cousin that lives in the area & got to experience the “country” for a few hours (Joe, Lisa, Caleb & Rebecca Harder). And of course, no trip to NE is complete without a historical stop to Grace University where Phil’s parents attended college, met & fell in love. We also picked up an extra passenger on our way home. Long story short, Grammie hitched a ride to Omaha with family & is headed back to OK with us tonight. So we drive toward home, with the wind at our back, feeling fuller than when we left. We may have picked up a few extra pounds from all the good cooking, we have countless memories to carry with us, and our souls were refreshed with laughter, fellowship, & family.
3 comments:
C'mon, I think you could have squeezed in a little trip to Michigan too. (You are welcome anytime.) Did you read about our horrible trip to NE? I'm glad that your visit was less adventurous than ours! Still, the word Omaha sends shivers up our spines. I don't think God could have shouted any clear, "Don't take the job in NE!"
You better watch out - with that cute face and smile, all the girls will be after Daniel!
My girls always want to live wherever we're visiting too. (Especially if there's an exciting assortment of toys around.)
Do your kids call your mom Grammie? I didn't know that. Some day, I'm going to be Grammy - and we've started the process with the baby dolls. Just to make sure it's good and stuck in their heads. I think it's something about the way my mom talked about her Grammy Rush. Every time she said the name, I felt like she was talking about the most special woman in the world.
Post a Comment