Friday, August 24, 2012

Overheard...

We've finished our first week of school.  I have nine students, but that hasn't stopped me from working hard or being completely exhausted!  It was a good week of getting to know each other.  I overheard several comments this week that had me laughing...

"So, is your combine a two header...or one?"

"Mrs. Voth, I'm not like your average human..."

"Attention.  Pollute.  Pledge."

On the home front, we're running out of clean unmentionables, so it's time to do laundry.  Again.  My house looks like a tornado came through, but that's part of life.  For now.  The family is loved, fed, and relatively happy.  Clean underwear does wonders for morale.  As does adequate amounts of sleep.  Which I am sadly lacking.

What has kept me going these past few weeks is this book and a wonderful group of women to share life with.  We encourage one another, remind each other that we're "normal" (whatever THAT is!), and laugh at the fact that our husbands neglect to help with housework - not because they're trying to be mean and thoughtless, but because they simply don't SEE the mess that bothers us! I am blessed beyond and leave feeling "filled up" each time. 

Last year I read this book and my journey to "1000 gifts" is almost complete.  Today #767 - In my learning God is teaching.  My middle child.  My glass-half-empty child.  The one who pushes my buttons.  The one I have to breathe deep and ask patience for.  The one I ask repeatedly, "What's one GOOD thing you can say? do? think of?"  She was thankful.  For the small thing.  But what a big step.

I got a new toy.  And I am loving it.  And I am thankful for a husband who worked hard to provide, and blessed me with a new laptop.  Want to know my favorite thing?  So far?  The sticky notes.  I can make lists to my heart's content.  I have never been happier. 

1 comment:

bitten by the bug said...

aims i just read the exerpt from emily's book. sounds good! i'm thrilled you got a laptop so we can see all your shining faces more often : ) glad wk 1 is history too. you do get to hear more funnies teaching kindergarden, thats got to be worth something!