Wednesday, May 12, 2010

5 years ago...

...we went on our first "small group" camping trip. A few things have changed since then. We've gotten older, gained a few pounds, & hopefully gained some wisdom. Our kids have gotten taller, older, & more independent. As much as I enjoy these changes...I miss these days. Days when I could wake up & snuggle with this lil' cutie.

Where has the time gone?
...if I wasn't so busy trying to keep up with him & his crazy siblings, I might consider having one more, just to kiss those chubby cheeks! But for now, I'll stick to getting my "baby fix" from other people's beautiful babies.

We are all officially out of diapers! Yeah! Yipee! Wah-hoo!!
We still like to play in the mud...we just don't have to wonder if it's mud...or something else!

Even my husband looks younger. And that sweet little boy isn't soft & squishy anymore. He's a lean, green, running machine!


Although camping takes a lot of preparation, work, and planning...it is always worth the relaxation, laughter, and fellowship. I'm thankful for a wonderful group of friends to share these experiences...and memories with. From the look of the forecast for the weekend, we might be sharing hilarious stories of thunderstorms & misery. The struggle for survival is what brings us together...

No comments: