I love the idea of winter and Christmas and snow and the intricate designs in frost. I just forget that with all the beauty comes freezing temperatures and frozen windshields and wind that burns my ears and face and goes right through me. I'm wondering if we'll enjoy the beauty of winter in heaven as we hang out in the comfortable mid-70s...not that it will be a priority then. I'm just thinkin'. And I don't want to hear any sassy comments from you Northerners. I realize I don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about low temps because you can top any figure I give you. But unless you live in the "Windy City", you can' t rival these Oklahoma winds. And if you argue with me, I'll just sing the song to prove it. ;)
Anyway...all that to say...in order to keep warm today, I'm cooking and baking and drinking my weight in hot tea, which means I'm also spending much of my day in the bathroom. (You wanted to know that, didn't you?) What was my point? I'm not really sure I had one...the cold must be getting to my brain. I guess I'm just trying to express that despite the inconvenience of trying to keep warm, there is something comforting about being in the kitchen, snuggling down in my four layers of clothes, and dancing to Christmas music to keep the blood flowing. In the end, I have to admit that I love more than just the idea of this season of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment