Monday, December 14, 2009



Tonight was the school Christmas program. Last Friday, I got to watch the kids preform for a local high school, so I enjoyed knowing what to expect the second time around. Nothing could have prepared me, however, for my youngest, who choose to ham it up his entire performance. It was his moment to shine, and "shine" he did through every song, his duet, and everywhere in between. I'm not sure if it was because he could see us sitting near the front, or if it was because he knew he was on camera, or if it was because he saw countless people laughing hysterically at his antics. Whatever the reason, he didn't stop. The laughter only added fuel to the fire, despite my prayers and desperate attempts at telepathy! So, although I was embarrassed for one evening, it was all caught on tape & I undoubtedly will have many occasions with which to embarrass my son with the evidence of his behavior. But something tells me...he just might be proud of himself!!
On the upside...the other three did great & behaved themselves wonderfully. :) Grace was one of the main characters (Fluffy the Lamb) and did great on her lines & her solo for "Away in the Manger". Abbie was a 50's girl & looked cute in her poodle skirt. She also had a solo; we love to hear her sing out with all her heart. Noah was disappointed to be the only one in the family without a solo, but he sang his little heart out & we were proud of his part as one of Noah's "animals". They are all glad to have that "over with" and are counting down the days to Christmas break.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Daniel was a ham...and that surprises you?! I want to see the video!!

Natalie said...

Oh Daniel, you make your Auntie Natalie proud!!:) Sounds alot like Aiden who hammed it up at the Avant Europe conference!! Oh my I am sure you were "red" with delight and embarrassment all at the same time! So funny!! I hope to see their programs one year...I am so proud!!