Friday, July 25, 2008

THIS is a story...

THIS is 1100 pounds of honey.
THIS is the honey that wouldn't fit in the honey room.
(An additional 700 pounds.)

THIS is the man that brought home this ridiculous amount of honey.

(I do love him so!)

THESE are the bees that are desperately

trying to find their way home.

THESE are the beautiful children we bore

to help us extract all this honey.

(The bucket - watcher)

(The jug - washers)

(The extractor - spinner)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yummy... can't wait for more Voth honey. It is strange how it tastes a little different each season. Honey has become the new staple sweetner for me. I make a mean chocolate "kettle" corn with it.

Sarah Bee said...

Hi Amy - You ooooooooold buddy Sarah (ex-Lub) here. I found your blog and wanted to say hi! check out my not-very-often-updated blog at waysaway.blogspot.com.

Sarah Bee said...

P.S. -

It is wild to catch up on your family! 4 kids!! and I noticed the puppy dog, too! You must have your hands full, and love every minute.

Kristen M. said...

Oh boy, I'm salivating. I love honey...Paul too. We sneak it out of the cabinet and eat it with a spoon. I know Phil's family is in the bee business. Are you selling all that honey that you brought home? Or what do you do with it?

FYI...Adam has decided to drive to SD with Megan and the dog. He is going the southern route and will be passing through OK. Don't know where you live in relation to his drive but maybe he can arrange a meet-up.

Lisa said...

Holy cow, that's a TON of honey! It was interesting to see pictures of the process. Now the work begins for you, right?!