Warning: This post contains gross material. Please do not read if you have just eaten. :)
I personally have an aversion to vomiting. I try to avoid it at all costs. I'd rather force it back down than go through with allowing it to come up. It's what I hated most about my pregnancies. I think I was only really sick with Grace, the other three I just had to deal with nausea the first trimester...which is not fun, but manageable. Daniel's C-section was weird because I had a reaction to some medication & was dry heaving through the whole surgery. Okay...enough about that. As much as I hate experiencing it myself, it is much worse to watch my kids go through it.
For some reason Grace always seems to take the brunt of any sickness that goes around our house. She must have a weaker immune system or something. Noah got sick & threw up Sunday morning & by bedtime that night, he was running around the house & wrestling with Phil. Grace complained of her tummy hurting before they left for church, but this is not unusual, as her tummy often acts up when there are chores to be done or a meal she doesn't care for. So we dismissed her complaints, and sent her off to church with Phil, Abbie & Daniel. Half-way through the service, she proved her claims & Phil brought her home. Last night was rough as I was up with her about every 30 minutes, and she was a trooper to hang out in the van this morning while her siblings were at swim lessons. 36 hours later, she's started showing signs of improvement, but we checked her again before bed & she's running a fever. I teased her that she has to get better by Wednesday so we can all go swimming. Her sweet smile showed she's feeling good enough to get her sense of humor back. I'm just praying she's back to herself after a good night's sleep & that this vomitting bug leaves our home for good. And hopefully before it catches up with ME!
1 comment:
I hope everyone is feeling better today. Paul got sick in the car on the way home from the airport on Monday...but I think his sickness was travel related (and the Dove bar I bought for him on the plane as his "breakfast"...oops.
Post a Comment