Sunday, April 1, 2012

Decluttering my mind...a little

It's hard to believe there are only 6 weeks left of school. I'm not sure where this year has gone, but it has gone by fast to be sure. I still love teaching & I feel like I have begun to find my "groove". And by "my groove", I mean living a messy, disorganized life where I say, "Oops, sorry...I forgot!". A lot. But I guess in the big scheme of things...it's not the end of the world. Plus I keep reminding myself that I will have two whole months to do nothing but get organized again. Haha! ;)

My students make me smile everyday. I wish I had been more intentional about writing things down, but I can't always stop in the middle of teaching to do that. Some of my favorites this past week were...

"It's so sunny, I need to put on sun SCREAM."

"Dear God, I just ask that any of my cats that are still alive...that they will just come home..."

Noah made me laugh one night when I was tucking him in for bed. I teased, asking if he was stinky & needed a shower. He answered with "I need some deodorant." WHY? "So I can get used to the smell." Wasn't prepared for that reason. So I asked WHY? again. "When we were playing dodge ball (with the jr. high kids) the big kid standing next to me had deodorant on & it was REALLY strong! So I need to wear it now so I can get used to how it smells." The conversation that proceeded was about AXE and jr. high boys' obsession with trying to smell good, but smelling stinky in the process! ;)

My mommy-heart burst with pride to watch my kids pass the finish line yesterday. The boys ran a mile race & Noah came in 3rd place (12 & under category). Grace ran a 5K with her daddy & came in 1st place (12 & under) with a time of 29:32. They have been working hard in preparation and are excited about the "next time".

No comments: