Sunday, April 15, 2012

Productivity

When I look at our calender these last weeks of school, I am overwhelmed by all the activities - some unavoidable, others we have "inflicted" on ourselves. At any rate, this weekend was no exception. We had Seiling Music Festival (competitions) on Saturday. I was praising God for Friday night's rainstorm that cancelled soccer games so something would get crossed off the list!

But despite the full schedule, my husband still managed to squeeze in two BIG projects.
He & the kids built this platform last summer, but we've always been leary because it wasn't the safest...
So they put scrap wood to good use & made sturdy walls. The kids felt like they were the Swiss Family Robinson and had fun dreaming of what else they could built on to their new "house"! ;)


The boys spent the afternoon climbing the higher branches and "hiding out" in camo, shooting at unsuspecting "wildlife" (or sisters!) with their wooden guns.


This afternoon Phil & the girls built a loft bed. We're hoping this might cut down on bedtime strife, but Grammie has plenty of stories - how she would hang down from the top bunk & pester HER sister! ;)


The finished product...don't worry, Grandpa, it's safe! ;)

2 comments:

jrwissink said...

So who get's the loft bed? That looks great and super-fun! Now when I come visit, can I sleep in the loft bed and slumber party with my neices?

Lisa said...

The bed looks awesome! And the tree house looks like so much fun for them!