Two "drive" around on scooters or skates, then stop in for gas, a tire change, or a chance to sit down.
There is no pit crew. Just a one-man-machine. And he takes his job very seriously. He gets frustrated if they take off again too soon. "I didn't even get to change that tire!"
I love that even though they're growing up so fast...they still take time to play, to pretend.
This weekend has been a "pit stop" for me. A chance to stop. To take a moment and get my "tank" refilled. To let these tired feet slow down. To give my mind a chance to rest.
Saturday was spent making the most out of 24 hours loving on my nephew & being blessed by my sister-friend. I left filled up. And not just with yummy monster cookies & delicious Southwest chicken! Filled with conversation, connection, encouragement...emotionally & spiritually.
Today is a day for resting. For reading. For reflecting. For enjoying this little "pit stop" from God.
1 comment:
My favorite "pit crew". High 5's to all!
Grandpa
Post a Comment