Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Droppin' like flies

This morning Abbie & Noah woke up with fever, cough, and headache. It was inevitable, I suppose, but I was holding out hope that they wouldn't get sick. I have informed Phil that he's not allowed to get sick, which eventually led to the debate of whether men get more violently sick then women, or if they are just bigger babies. His brother agreed with his theory, but I informed them both that just because I was outnumbered, didn't make me any less right! ;)

Grammie WARNING!!
Don't even read this next part...what you don't know will keep you from worrying!

Grace is still running low-grade fever, but that hasn't stopped her from climbing up on the roof to help hand out shingles. I made the boys come down yesterday. They were running all around & the guys were completely oblivious! I was like, one little misstep or trip & down they roll...off the roof. I envisioned broken bones, ER visits, concussions, and things of that nature. Phil assured me they would no longer run on the roof, and soon put them to work hammering in nails. I'm all for family working together, I just like to do it a little closer to the earth.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You are absolutely right...men are just bigger babies!!

sorry the others are sick now. hope everyone is well soon! this is terrible, but my first thought was...oh no, now they won't get to eat chili and cinnamon rolls tonight at church! maybe they'll make you a doggie bag!

bitten by the bug said...

okay too late i saw this :{
so gracie has gone more like the 7 days huh? you know i can't opt for the vacination either :{