Friday, July 10, 2009

Confession:

I have been totally and completely lazy the past couple of days in preparation for next week and the craziness that is VBS. Any woman with kids who volunteers in any way during VBS knows what I'm taking about. Yesterday I took two naps. Two. Who does that? I finally broke down & loaded the dishwasher last night @ 10pm. I was worried we might not have any clean dishes today. I did consider using paper, but it's hard to eat cereal off a plate. I have low aspirations for today - a trip to the thrift store, a stop at the bank, a doctor's appointment, and maybe swimming. It's too hot for anything else.

This summer I have enjoyed having older children. They dress themselves, help around the house, pick up, play on their own, are fairly independent and very resourceful. I like this new phase. There are still arguments to resolve and activities to create, but overall it's been an easy job. I has allowed me to be lazy...now & then...

2 comments:

jb said...

Two?! Two?! I'm not sure I can be your friend anymore.

ten4ruthie said...

I know what you mean about having older kids. I've enjoyed the baby and toddler years, but in the back of my mind, I was always kind of looking forward to when they'd be teenagers - able to carry on meaningful conversations with me, and to be useful members of our household. Don't call me idealistic. It's becoming reality here.