I'm just coming off a 10-day vacation & trying to get back into a routine...whatever that is. I'd really like to avoid all laundry & housework, but I don't think that's very realistic. Especially since I keep tripping over all the laundry & whatnot.
Words like "whatnot" are what come from watching too many episodes of The Office and Scrubs while trying to avoid housework. Obvi! (Thank you, Joy the Baker , for new fun terms like "boom" and "whateves".)
Did you know it's hard to grill chicken when the gas isn't hooked up to the grill? Pan-fried, anyone?
We'll be eating potatoes, onions, and zucchini for the next 3 weeks straight. I'm so thankful for our bountiful garden, I just wish it was a little more varied & didn't produce quite so many at the same time! I like zucchini about once a week, thank you very much.
Our girls are off to camp & it's weird to have an incomplete family. Seems off-balance. I miss them already & can't wait for them to come home.
I learned something new last week about my cousin-in-law. (Is that even a term?) She's amazingly talented. This should be no surprise, but it was the first I learned of her craftiness. Not the sneaky, evil kind. I'm a little obsessed with these magnets. They are way cute! And the little baby booties & made me wish I was having another baby. But just for a minute.
My sister-in-law, who I already knew was crafty, (and YES, I mean the sneaky, evil kind!) ;)taught me how to make magazine bead bracelets. We had fun being irresponsible together. At least it felt that way. I had no clue where my children were, I didn't make my bed, and I didn't make any meals. (Thanks, Bill!) I rewarded my irresponsible behavior with 4 great water bottles, which I proceeded to melt in our dishwasher the first time I washed them! Oops.
I really, really miss Tennessee. Mostly I miss the weather. Mainly because it's one hundred and sixty nine degrees here. Seriously. I love being home again, but does it have to be so stinkin' hot? I'll be forced to walk around in my bathing suit all day at this rate. Oh, wait. That's what I did in Tennessee. Maybe that's what I miss...
1 comment:
You crack me up! Miss you!
Post a Comment