Friday, August 7, 2009

Catching up

I have wanted to post some recent pictures from our last trip, but I left my camera in Kentucky. It arrived in the mail this week, carefully padded with ghost shaped Halloween marshmallows. I laughed when I opened the box. Thank goodness for God's Pantry, free products, & a creative sister-in-law! :)

We were all running different directions during our week in KY. Philip was busy installing windows, I had fun helping in the kitchen, Abbie was a camper, and this posse roamed the camp.
They sure are a cute bunch, aren't they? :) Thanks to Ryan & Kris for supervising them at mealtime. They were very brave & gracious to put up with a table full of loud & rowdy kids 3 times a day!

I had fun getting to know Kris. It was one of those "I know we've never met, but I feel like I know you" kind of instant-friendships. I have no idea when we'll see each other again. Maybe at camp. Sometimes in bloggerville. For sure in heaven. But it was definitely fun to hang out & talk with someone I could relate to.We enjoy traveling as a family, and this trip we expanded our "family" to include Abbie's best friend, Jordyn. It was her first time away from home and her first time at camp. Her mom was very brave to send her off with us for the week, but we had fun with her along & hope she did too. At least she doesn't cringe as much when I hug her now. :)
It was a fun week away from the everyday. Now that I'm back in the thick of "reality" I wish I could go back. Maybe next year...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had fun! Thinking of you this week as you start school.